Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 4

Day 4 was my first post-op visit to the hospital.  The doctor (I'm not really sure what his actual job is, he's only turned up recently and was in my operation but I don't think he's a surgeon) looked in my mouth and checked all the wounds.  He said that it all looks very clean and is healing well, so that's good.  I said that I was a bit concerned about midlines, but he said he thinks it's only about half a millimetre off and that it can be corrected with bands.

He then sent me off to get some x rays done, and after lots of waiting around I had them done and then went back to see him and my surgeon.  They think that the x rays are looking good, and think that my bite looks fine.  I kind of felt like they didn't check as thoroughly as I would've liked, but I suppose they know what they're doing!  I was thinking however that I wouldn't have known hardly any of the recovery stuff that I know if it wasn't for blogging.  The hospital have told me hardly anything, e.g. I wouldn't have known to sleep sitting up if it wasn't for blogging.

My next appointment at the hospital is on Thursday with my orthodontist.

Day 4 pics... the bruising is starting to come out on my cheeks


  

No comments:

Post a Comment