Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Day 33

I don't know whether this has become apparent, but usually when I post I'm posting about the day before.  So as I write this it's Day 34, but I'm writing about Day 33.  This is because by the time my mum takes my pictures when she gets home from work it's too late for me to post.  Just wanted to explain that because when I'm saying 'yesterday' or 'last night', I am referring to the day that's in the blog title!  Sorry I've probably just made that sound confusing for no reason!

Anyway, last night (on Day 33!) I had a slight drama with my bands.  I was just taking them off because I was about to eat when my dad rang.  I carried on taking them off while I was talking to him because I had a cup of tea that was getting cold lol, and I thought I was good enough at taking my bands off that I could do it whilst talking.  Because I've got so many bands in my mouth at the moment I usually just unhook them all at the front and then stick my finger in my mouth and drag them all out together.  But when I did this I could only count that I'd pulled 5 out and there's meant to be 6.  So I was still on the phone and trying to find this mysterious last band in my mouth and became convinced that the last band was hooked along my top brackets.  So I was sitting there looking in the mirror picking and picking at what I thought was a band (still on the phone, I really should have been concentrating on the matter at hand!) and I pulled something out of my braces...turns out it wasn't the band.  It was like this tiny strip of clear plastic made up of lots of little circles.  I don't know what it was, and it doesn't look like it could be playing much of a role in moving my teeth, but I'm still worried that I shouldn't have pulled it out!  At this point I actually did get off the phone.  And then I became convinced that the mysterious missing band was wrapped round the top brackets on the other side of my mouth.  So again I was picking and picking at it...the problem is that my top gum is still numb, so I didn't realise I was actually doing damage to my gum until it started bleeding!  Again I pulled on what I thought was the band and cut it with a little pair of nail scissors...turns out once again, it wasn't the band, it was a bit of plastic the same as I pulled out of the other side!!!  I don't know what was wrong with me, for some reason I just got myself into a panic.  At this point I gave up caring about the missing band and ate my chocolate buttons and drank my tea!  I never did find the missing band, so all I can think is that I did take it out but then lost it.  I'm going to the ortho tomorrow so I will have to confess about pulling out the little plasticy bit (I won't admit I did it twice though lol), just in case it's a vital part of my braces.  I really don't think it is but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Sorry that story went on for much longer than I thought it would!  Last night I ate dinner downstairs at the table with my mum and her husband for the first time since surgery.  We had spaghetti bolognese, but I pretty much just ate the bolognese bit with some grated cheese.  We also had doughballs and garlic butter, which I broke into tiny bits and ate.

More generally I just wanted to say that I feel like I'm thinking about my jaw less and less.  It's almost like I've got bored of thinking about it now, and like I'm starting to get back to a normal life.  Obviously I have no choice but to think about it everyday, because of the bands, the eating etc. but I just don't feel like it's the biggest thing going on in my life right now.  It's probably partly because I'm moving house soon and starting a new job so I've got lots of other stuff to think about.

Please excuse my skanky spotty face in these pictures lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment