Tuesday 1 February 2011

The wisdom teeth are gone!

I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday! I only had the two bottom ones out, but apparently they hadn't even come through the gum yet, so they had to cut through it.

When I got to the hospital I wasn't even completely sure that they were going to do it cos I think I might've had the beginning of tonsilitis, but every time I mentioned it to someone they didn't seem to really care! I was glad though cos if I couldn't have had it done yesterday then I probably would've had to have waited ages for another appointment, and it would've just set the whole thing back further!

Anyway, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I've never had a general anaesthetic before so I was nervous about that. I had a stupid fear that I would either die or wake up during the surgery! But luckily I didn't! The worst bit was waking up from the anaesthetic. I was in a recovery room for about 20 minutes and I just wanted to go back to the ward so that I could see my mum! I had these big gauze things in each side of my mouth, and an oxygen mask over my face, and cos I couldn't close my mouth it was just making my throat really dry and sore.

They wheeled me up to my ward and I got in the bed and my mum came over. I felt a bit sick at first, and I tried to be sick, but nothing came out cos I hadn't eaten anything all day, but a lot of blood from my mouth did come out! After that I was in a constant cycle of drinking water, spitting out blood and wiping my mouth with a tissue! But after a while I started to feel better, and after I'd been in the ward for about 2 and a half hours I was allowed to go home. It seems like a long time but it went quite quickly.

Since I've been home I've been ok really. My face is getting more and more swollen, so I'm not looking my most attractive! But I wouldn't say it really hurts that much, it's more just achey, and I'm managing to eat quite a lot, it just takes me a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment