Sunday 2 September 2012

18 months of braces... and more frustration


18 months... this is starting to get boring and repetitive now...

As you may remember from my last post, the next step in my jaw journey was apparently to wait for a letter telling me my surgery date.  To cut a long story short, it's now been over 3 weeks since I had my last appointment.  My operation is meant to be at a different hospital (Kings) to the one I usually go to (Queen Mary's).  When I spoke to Queen Mary's, they said that the letter should be coming from Kings, but then when I rang Kings they had no idea who I was and hadn't been contacted by Queen Mary's about putting me on the waiting list.  So I rang back Queen Mary's, and they said they'd speak to my surgeon when he's in on Monday afternoon and they'll get back to me... I won't hold my breath.  If I don't hear from them by towards  the end of Monday, I'll be on the phone harassing them yet again.  

I hate to moan and nag, I'm really not a complainer, but it really is the only way to get anything done.  It's soooooooo frustrating and ridiculous, what would happen if I didn't ring and nag them all the time?  I think this would've taken even longer, if that's possible...





2 comments:

  1. It's hard to wait for an answer. It feels like forever. Before u know it ur surgery will be around the corner. Just be patient. Make sure you call ur doc as soon as u can so they can straighten everything out n u don't have to be the middleman anymore. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how you are feeling. I've been getting the run-around too. Just keep on them!

    ReplyDelete